Sunday, September 20, 2009

Many people have asked why I would start a language during my senior year of college. Though I do not have one particular reason, I suppose it largely rests on the two months I spent in Asia this passed summer. During my time abroad I spent a little over one month in Tokyo. I worked with college students from various universities. I was impressed by the level of English fluency many students had. I suppose this, combined with wanting to take classes of interest during my last year, led me to enroll in first year Japanese. Though we've only had classes for two weeks, I can honestly say that Japanese has taken up most of my time. While I find the grammar to be relatively similar to Korean, learning hiragana has been quite difficult. :0/

2 comments:

  1. こんばんわ!
    Jadeです~
    Okay...thats it for Japanese....haha
    I found the grammar is hard too....
    and I feel like its gonna get harder and harder...haha
    だから 
    一緒に頑張りましょ!
    ~~~ヾ(^∇^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Konnichiwa. Ken desu.

    Hey I found that Korean and Japanese are quite similar. Even some words in Japanese sounds like the exactly same words in Korean.

    You've been to Japan last summer and maybe you should visit Korea next summer.

    Ja mata ashita

    ReplyDelete